Filed under: Uncategorized
New puppies are exhausting, so all I got is bullet points. Deal. At least I used asterisks to make them more interesting.
* Yesterday I had a radio ambush LOL moment at lunchtime when the local station gave me Once Bitten, Twice Shy and transported me to the summer of 1989. And then instant mortification at the memory of how much I used to like that song. I think “cringeworthy” is the word I’m looking for here. Also, now it’s stuck in my head and I can’t get rid of it.
* I like golf more than anyone else I know who plays as poorly as I do, but to turn my David Boreanaz channel into the British Open channel for four days is just mean. No Angel yesterday morning, no Bones last night, and my whole day was just OFF.
* Speaking of the David Boreanaz channel, if you haven’t seen Leverage, you’re missing out. Seriously.
* I simply do not remember how I lived without Kindle.
* Bacon, tomato & mushroom pizza = teh yum.
* It’s sad how low-maintenance I am. Sad, I say. Stupid peasant ancestors with low expectations.
* How is it possible that the child I cannot get out of the bathtub refuses to learn to swim, and the child who loves the pool hates the bathtub?
* Holy crap, when did Ray LaMontagne sell out to Madison Avenue? (click here, and scroll down to Trouble) That’s bull. I don’t care if alimony is costing him a fortune, the man who wrote Jolene shouldn’t be pimping Traveler’s Insurance.
* Une des autres comtesses sent me a box of truffles from Vosges and I have been eating one per evening since they arrived and I feel almost mean that I am not sharing them with the goats, but damn it, they’re goats, how can they possibly appreciate truffles? Yes, that’s one sentence.
* Went to use the phone last night and discovered my seven year old was on it. What the hell, I ask you.
* I really wanted to start this post with a big “BWAHAHAHA, all you silly people who thought I was knocked up when reading my last post, puh-leeze, NOT AGAIN IN THIS LIFETIME, PEOPLE” speech, and then I realized that given my track record, as soon as I hit “Publish” I’d need to buy an ept. So I’m sparing you all. Well, no, I just did it passive-aggressively instead of aggressive-aggressively. But the p-a approach is less trash talky and might spare my uterus the wrath of the irony gods. To whom I am now going to sacrifice something, just in case.
* Um, need ideas for a worthy sacrifice. Anyone? Anyone who isn’t still pissed at me for putting bad 80s hair band music in their heads, I mean?
13 Comments so far
Leave a comment