Filed under: Apparently I'm the luckiest person on the planet, Family, Getting Old Sucks, Home/Ohio, P3, Running/Racing | Tags: Anxiety, Kids, Metablogging, Self-Indulgent
I want to write, but I don’t have anything resembling a coherent post. It’s all a jumbled bunch of crazy that I don’t even have time to flesh out into something comprehensible, let alone meaningful. (Which is not to say that I think I usually produce these fantastic universal nuggets of truth. I only mean that, usually, what I write has some meaning TO ME. And what you’re about to see isn’t even going to be “laundry list” so much as “laundry pile.” Well, forewarned is forearmed, or so I hear. Onward!)
- Item the first: thanks to a scheduling conflict and/or some very fortunate (for me) timing, I lucked into a pair of tickets for THIS. So tonight, instead of the usual Monday routine (hurry home, dart through dinner, speed the scrubbing, tear through toothbrushing, rush our reading, gallop to goodnight) little girl and I will be racing around to get ready for a big girls’ night out (Big Girls’ night out?) She doesn’t even know yet, since I just found out about the tickets this morning. I’m excited enough for both of us, though. I ADORE the ballet.
- Speaking of little girl, over the weekend we had this awesome mother-daughter moment:
Me, to B: You are so amazingawesome that I can’t believe you’re mine.
*B gives me big hug and smile*
Me: Oh! What if there was a mixup at the hospital? What if you have an amazingawesome mom out there somewhere…?
B (TRES matter-of-fact): Oh, I don’t.
Did I say “mother-daughter” moment? Cuz it felt more “comedienne-straight (wo)man”ish.
- Troisieme. Over the weekend, I saw the following quote, and it’s still resonating with me. I don’t know what to do with/about/because of it, but it definitely felt like the universe was trying to tell me something. I’m going to share it here because I think *it* IS one of those universal nuggets I spoke of before:
“I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me.” (Anna Quindlen)
So now it’s crossing my mind. A lot. (Not “alot” though.) Next step? Yeah, I’ll worry about being wonderful and/or changey once I manage that “out of the darkness” part.
- I didn’t register in time for the Indy 1/2 marathon training program (nor even the 1/2 marathon itself), but it turns out, that’s not the only race in town. Oops, bad phrasing. It’s TOTALLY the only race in town that weekend. But who said I had to stay in town? (You’d think I’d have thought of that first, but apparently I have Exile blinders or something?) So now my running partner (who did register in time) has a whole team of new running partners (waaah!) and I’m about to find out what I’m really made of, as I train for THIS, pretty much on my own.
- I don’t know what number I’m on anymore. I guess I could have just used the numbered list option instead of the bullets. Or I could go back and change it. But then this bullet point wouldn’t make any sense at all, and I’d feel like I should delete it, and after all the typing, that seems wasteful. Plus, you’ve already read this, and you’re not getting back those 45 seconds no matter what, am I right?
- Reminder to the universe/quantum field/PTB – 2011: Annee des comtesses (ne l’oubliez pas!)
- Super Scribblenauts is my new favorite Quality Time with Goat #1 thing. Yesterday, we were adding bombs to the scene when he typo’d and we got “Nuclear Bob” instead. Poor green, glowing Bob. (He didn’t help, either. Just radiated everyone to death. Sigh.) In other news – adding “Medusa” to the scene turns the dragon to stone, sure, but unless you give yourself some reflective glasses first, you’re also in danger.
- To Whom It May Concern: Please pick from the following movie quotes*.
1) The fact that you’re not answering leads me to believe you’re either (a) not at home, (b) home but don’t want to talk to me, or (c) home, desperately want to talk to me, but trapped under something heavy. If it’s either (a) or (c), please call me back.
B) We went like this, he went like that. I said to Hollywood, “Where’d he go?”
IV) Come back! Come back! You’s my friend!
- Related: I hate January. That is all.
No, really. That is all**.
*Bonus points*** to anyone who knows where IV comes from.
**Except for this part, I mean.
***Not that those are good for anything but bragging rights. As far as I know. And “bragging” might be overstatement. How about my undying affection? Would that be better than worthless bonus points?
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment